I found this picture from google images but this is the site that the picture linked to.
Hello everyone. On Saturday i got my wonder cookie skirt. If xavier wasn't lost then i would fill this post with how pretty it is. Oh well i'm sure as soon as i buy another one i'll find him. That's always the way it works. So today i decided to dress up and go down to the city. Even if there is not a god damn flake of snow on the ground it was still rather cold out. Not very windy which is good. I missed having layers and layers and layers of clothes on. By bus it takes about an hour to get to there. Which isn't so bad. I brought a good book with me. (The big bad wolf by James Patterson.) I went to a little cafe/bookshop and enjoyed the sights of new construction. The cafe is right across the street from some construction they've been doing forever it's not attractive. I had a lemon coconut scone and a cappuccino. They were delicious.
I got a few compliments on my skirt even! Oh wonder cookie who can't you impress? I got stopped by three homeless people asking if i had any change. I felt really bad for them because i didn't. I wasn't lying either, i used a bus pass to get down and was using my debit card. I guess that's what you get for dressing elaborately. I didn't stay long i got on the 3:10 bus back home. So maybe it was two hours? Excluding travel time. The bus was packed too. I had a seat until about fifteen or so minutes into the trip, when an old guy on the bus so i stood up for him. The bus was so packed a lot of people had to keep standing when they got on. I didn't get to sit for the rest of the ride. My feet killed by the time i got home. Petticoats aren't good for buses either they take up a super amount of space.
Here are a few tips for traveling in lolita just to make this less boring.
- Know where you're going and what type of place it is.
- Traveling in daylight is best especially in winter where it dark earlier. If you're not driving you should probably get home before it gets dark.
- Be courteous on the bus, train, subway, whatever. Hold your petticoat to stop it from overtaking seats.
- Be smart about where you're walking. I stay in the downtown area because that's where i know and i won't get lost.
- Carry something like pepper spray or a small knife for protection. I joke that platform stilettos would always work in a pinch but try to be more prepared then that.
- What's ever in your wallet is much less important then your life. If things get really serious just give them the wallet. You can replace everything that's in there and you'll be happy to have walked away with your life.
So yes while i know that most of these are kind of obvious. It's still important. So don't be an idiot when traveling because i'm pretty sure that you guys aren't. Have fun!